Main Article Content
As one of the particulate chemicals, dust could occur in most of the production process and can create interference for workers health and safety. As one of the air pollution sources, dust could became a potential hazard which exist in room maintenances. Protection to workers is a must in order to reduce the risk of respiratory tract syndrome that often could be found in this cases. The aim of this study is to conduct a risk assessment to dust exposure in room maintenance, which held by contractors in PT. X (Persero) building in Surabaya. This is an cross sectional study with obsevation approach. The object of this research is the repairing works. The results indicate that the activities which could produce dust, such as: walls sanding using sandpaper, the tiles dismantle, sawmilling, the wood fiber refining, grinding, mixing and stirring cast materials, and room cleaning. Dust produced from a variety of works including sanddust, cement, lime, wood and dust mixed with paint. The results show that three types of works considere as high-risk activity (value > 12-25), 3 types of work consider as midle risk activities (value > 5-12), and one activity considered as a low-risk work (grades 1-5). The dusk factors controlling should be held regularly, in order to minimize the risk leveln againts the workers.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
2. Siswanto A. Penyakit paru kerja. Balai Hiperkes dan Keselamatan Kerja Jawa Timur : Depnaker, 1991.
3. Prasetya S, Paskarini I. Factors Associated with Respiratory Complaints on Spinning Labor in PT. Lotus Indah Textile. Keselamatan, Kesehatan, dan Lingkungan Kerja. 2013 Mar 12;1(1).
4. Atmaja, aditya dkk. Identifikasi kadar debu di lingkungan kerja dan keluhan subjektif pernafasan tenaga kerja bagian finish mill. Jurnal kesehatan masyarakat. 2007; 3:161-172.
5. Depertemen Tenaga Kerja R.I. Undang-Undang No. 01 Tahun 1970 Tentang Keselamatan Kerja. Jakarta : Depnaker, 1970.
6. Yunus F. Diagnosa penyakit paru kerja. Cermin dunia kedokteran. 1997; 70 : 18-23.
7. Diandini R, Roestam AW, Yunus F. Pengaruh pekerjaan dengan pajanan debu silika terhadap risiko tuberkulosis paru. Majalah kedokteran Indonesia. 2009 September; 59(9): 412-417.
8. Khairiah, Ashar T, Santi DN. Analisis konsentrasi debu dan keluhan kesehatan pada masyarakat di sekitar pabrik semen di desa kuala indah kecamatan sei suka kabupaten batu bara. Fakultas Kesehatan Masyarakat Universitas Sumatera Utara. 2012.
9. Meo SA. Chest radiological findings in Pakistani cement factory workers. Saudi medical journal. 2003; 3: 287-290.
10. Tistogondo J. Renovasi rumah tinggal sederhana sebagai pemenuhan kebutuhan konsumen pada perumahan di Kabupaten Sidoarjo. 2004 Februari; 4(1):35-41.
11. Harrington JM, Gill FS. Kesehatan kerja. Jakarta : EGC, 2003.
12. Aditama TY, Giri PS. Polusi udara dan kesehatan paru. Majalah kesehatan masyarakat Indonesia. 1996; XXIV(3).
13. Djojodibroto D. Kesehatan kerja di perusahaan. Jakarta : PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama, 1999.