Infant massage is a traditional child care whose efficacy has been proven. Therefore, the mothers need to get a health extension on the correct infant massage techniques so that they can do infant massage practice autonomously. This research aim to investigate the effect of infant massage extension on the infant massage practice by mothers in Tugu village, Jumantono sub-district, Karanganyar regency. The research used pre-experimental research method with the one group pretest-posttest design. Its samples consisted of 57 respondents and were taken by using proportional random sampling technique. The data of research were collected through checklist and analyzed by using the Wilcoxon test aided with the computer program of SPSS. Prior to the infant massage extension, the average score was 10.8, the highest score was 14, and the lowest score was 8. Following the extension, the average score was 25.6, the highest score was 29, and the lowest score was 21 as indicated by the score of Wilcoxon test in which the score of ZÃ‚ was -6.583 and the significance value was p = 0.000. Infant massage extension had an effect on the infant massage practice by mothers.
2. Riksani R. CARA MUDAH & AMAN PIJAT BAYI [Internet]. Jakarta: Dunia Sehat; 2014 [cited 2017 Aug 28]. 1-5 p. Available from: http://www.uranusbooks.com/product/9/4121/CARA-MUDAH-AMAN-PIJAT-BAYI
3. S.Si NA. Handbook for New Mom: Stiletto Book. Stiletto Book; 2017. 255 p.
4. Riasma Oktobriariani R. Pengaruh pendidikan kesehatan tentang pijat bayi terhadap praktik pijat bayi di Polindes Harapan Bunda Sukoharjo. 2010;
5. Notoatmodjo S. Promosi Kesehatan dan Ilmu Perilaku. Jakarta: Rieneke Cipta; 2007. 56-70 p.
6. Erfandi. Pengetahuan Dan Faktor-Faktor Yang Mempengaruhi [Internet]. PRO HEALTH, for better life. 2009 [cited 2017 Aug 28]. Available from: https://forbetterhealth.wordpress.com/2009/04/19/pengetahuan-dan-faktor-faktor-yang-mempengaruhi/
7. Ratnawati. Penelitian Tindakan Dalam Bidang Pendidikan dan Sosial. Mojokerto: Bayu Media Publishing; 2009.
8. Budiman & Riyanto A. Kapita Selekta Kuesioner. Jakarta: Salemba Medika; 2013.
9. Purba JM. Komunikasi Dalam Keperawatan. 2003.
10. Indra NM, Mendri NK, Liliana A. Effect of Health Education on Baby Massaging and Knowledge of Mothers on Baby Massaging at Jambidan in The Working Area of Banguntapan I Health Center Bantul Yogyakarta. Med Respati. 2013;8(2).
11. Wiroatmojo P, Sasonoharjo. Media Pembelajaran. Jakarta: LAN R; 2002.
12. Khasanah NL. Efektivitas Strategi Question Student Have dan Media Powerpoint pada Materi Struktur dan Fungsi Jaringan Tumbuhan [Disertasi]. [Semarang]: Universitas Negeri Semarang; 2013.
13. Kusumawardani E, Arkhaesi N, Hardian H. Pengaruh Penyuluhan Kesehatan Terhadap Tingkat Pengetahuan, Sikap dan Praktik Ibu Dalam Pencegahan Demam Berdarah Dengue Pada Anak [Skripsi]. [Semarang]: Universitas Diponegoro; 2012.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).