The Effect of Chitosan Dosage Againts Liquid Waste Water Color on "Oriens Handicraft" Sasirangan Home Industry, Landasan Ulin
The growth of sasirangan fabricated prodution has brought positive impact on the welfare of Banjarnese people.Â On the other hand, it also have negative impacts in the form environmental pollution as a result of sasirangan industrial liquid waste disposal without any proper treatment proccess. This study aims to determine the effect of chitosan dosage againts liquid waste water color on "Oriens Handicraft" sasirangan home industry. This is an experimental study, the test was conducted in the chemistry laboratory of environmental health department while the color level examination conducted at the Banjarbaru Industrial Standardization and Research Center. One way anova test with Î± = 0,05% was used for analyzed the data while chitosan regression statistic test with 84% deacetylation degree can be utilized as coagulant material for environmentally friendly sasirangan wastewater treatment with dose variation from 600, 650,700, 750 untill to 800 mg / lt. The highest color concentration eduction occurred at 750 mg / lt doses with 50,5% reduction and the lowest control at 650 mg/lt dose by 43%. The results showed that there were significant differences between color level and chitosan dose. Therefore, the government needs to play a significant role in sasirangan liquid waste treatment by using natural and environmentally friendly coagulant materials such as chitosan.
2. Albanis T.A, D.G. Hela, T.M. Sakellarides and T.G. Danis. (2000). Removal of Dyes from Aqueous Solution by Adsorption on Mixtures of Fly Ash and Soil in Batch and Column Techniques, Global Nest : The Int. J. vol. 2 no.3 pp 237-244
3. Christie, R. M. (2001). Colour Chemistry, RSC Paperback, The Royal Society of Chemistry , UK
4. Nugraheni, I. K., Utami, U. B., & Irawati, U. (2012). Aplikasi Arang Aktif Cangkang Kelapa Sawit Terlapis Kitosan Sebagai Filter Dalam Pengolahan Limbah Cair Sasirangan Setelah Koagulasi Dengan Poly Aluminium Chloride. Jurnal Teknologi dan Industri Vol. 2 No. 1, ISSN 2087-6920, 12-15.
5. Prayudi, T., & Susanto, J. P. (2000). Chitosan Sebagai Bahan Koagulan Limbah Cair Industri Tekstil. Jurnal Teknologi Lingkungan Vol. 1 No. 2, Januari 2000 : 121-125, 121.
6. Rakhmawati, E. (2007). Pemanfaatan Kitosan Hasil Deasetilasi Kitin Cangkang Bekicot Sebagai Adsorben Zat Warna Remozol Yellow. Skripsi , 2-3.
7. Simaremare, (2013). Perbedaan Kemampuan Cangkang Kerang, Cangkang Kepiting Dengan Cangkang Udang Sebagai Koagulan Alami Dalam Penjernihan Air Sumur di Desa Tanjung Ibus Kecamatan Secanggang Kabupaten Langkat. Skripsi Fakultas Kesehatan Masyarakat Universitas Sumatera Utara.
8. Puspitasari A. Pembuatan dan Pemanfaatan Kitosan Sulfat dari Cangkang Bekicot (Achatina fullica) Sebagai Adsorben Zat warna Remazol Yellow FG 6 [Skripsi]. Universitas Sebelas Maret; 2007. Available from: https://eprints.uns.ac.id/3509/
9. Siregar, M. (2009). Pengaruh Berat Molekul Kitosan Naopartikel Untuk Menurunkan Kadar Logam Besi (Fe) dan Zat Warna Pada Limbah Industri Tekstil Jeans. Tesis, Universitas Sumatera Utara Medan.
10. Busyairi, M. (2014). Pengolahan Limbah Cair Dengan Parameter Total Suspended Solid (TSS) dan Warna Menggunakan Biokoagulan (Limbah Cangkang Kepiting). Simposium Nasional RAPI XIII - 2014 FT UMS, Teknik Lingkungan-Fakultas Teknik Universitas Mulawarman
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work