The Description of Eating Behavior and Anemia in Adolescents at STIKES ‘Aisyiyah Yogyakarta
Anemia due to iron deficiency was the most common problem suffered by women. Around 41,4% - 66,7% young womens in Indonesia suffered from anemia. A preliminary study Â at STIKES â€˜Asyiyah Yogyakarta showed that 7 out of 10 respondents have anemia with 9 of them have good eating habits. One of the reason of iron deficiency caused by their eating behavior. Instead of choosing foods based on the taste rather than nutritional consideration. This condition would affected on the studentâ€™s concentration ability. The research aim was to find the eating behavior and the anemia cases among adolescents at STIKES â€˜Asyiyah Yogyakarta. . This was a quantitative descriptive research with cross sectional approach. The cluster sampling was used by simple random sampling. The analysis results showed 29 of 30 respondents have good eating behavior but 26 of them have anemia. Based on the finding, the adolescent suggested to put their concern more about the quality and quantity of food that will consume and take blood booster tablets especially during menstruation.
2. Waryono. Gizi Reproduksi. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Rihama; 2010.
3. Arisman M. Gizi Dalam Daur Kehidupan. Jakarta: Buku Kedokteran EGC; 2007.
4. Rosado, J.L., & Karla, E.G. Efficacy Of Different Strategies To Treat Anemia In Children : A Randomized Clinical Trial. Nutr Journal. 2010;
5. Sadli S. Berbeda Tetapi Setara. Kompas Media Nusantara. 2010;
6. Effendi F, Makhfudli. Keperawatan Kesehatan Komunitas. Jakarta: Salemba Medika; 2009.
7. Quraish S. www.media.isnet.org. 2012.
8. Astawan M, L A. Khasiat Warna- Warni Makanan. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama; 2008.
9. Adriana. Faktor- Faktor yang Berhubungan dengan Kejadian Anemia Remaja Putri di Madrasah Aliyah Negeri 2 Bogor. Peminatan Gizi FKIK UIN Syarif Hidayatullah. 2010.
10. Departemen Kesehatan. Program Kesehatan Reproduksi dan Pelayanan Integratif di Tingkat Pelayanan Dasar. 2008.
11. Departemen Kesehatan. Kebijakan dan Strategi Nasional Kesehatan Reproduksi di Indonesia [Internet]. 2005. Available from: http://indonesia.unfpa.org.
12. Notoatmojo S. Metodologi Penelitian Kesehatan. 3rd ed. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta; 2002.
13. Hidayat A. Metode Penelitian Kebidanan dan Teknik Analisis Data. Jakarta: Salemba Medika; 2007.
14. Arikunto. Prosedur Penelitian. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta; 2006.
15. Betz C., Sowden LA. Keperawatan Pediatrik. In: Meiliya E, editor. Jakarta: Buku Kedokteran EGC; 2004.
16. Hanafiah M. Haid dan Siklusnya. Jakarta: Bina Pustaka; 2009.
17. Bedwell RM, Spielvogel H, Bellido D, Vitzthum VJ. Factors influencing the use of biomedical health care by rural bolivian anemic women: Structural barriers, reproductive status, gender roles, and concepts of anemia. PlosOne. 2017;12(1).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work