Poor personal hygiene can be a factor supporting the development of skin diseases such as scabies. In Indonesia the scabies disease numerous in boarding school. One of the things that support the transmission of scabies is personal hygiene students who are not good. The study aimed to determine the relationship of personal hygiene with the incidence of scabies on students Al Falah male boarding school students at sub-district of Liang Anggang in the year 2016. This research is an analytic observational with cross sectional design. The sample of research are students of Al Falah for boys boarding school Sub-district of Liang Anggang as many as 127 people. Data analysis using statistical Chi-square test (X2). The results showed among 127 students, 59 of them in a poor condition of personal hygiene 53 of them categorized affected with scabies (89.8 %). While the remaining 68 students were in a good condition of personal hygiene with 23 of them having scabies (33.8%). X2 test results showed that there was a significant relationship, personal hygiene with the incidence of scabies on students boarding school Al Falah for boys Sub-district of Liang Anggang in the year 2016 at p-value = 0.000. Efforts should be made to reduce the incidence of scabies among others: showering twice a day using clean water, use personal belongings are not mutually borrowing, keep clean hands and nails, hygiene clothing and cleanliness of the bed.
2. Djuanda, A. 2006. Ilmu Penyakit Kulit dan Kelamin Edisi Keempat. Cetakan ketiga. Jakarta: Fakultas Kedokteran Universitas Indonesia.
3. Safar, Rosdiana. 2010. Parasitologi Kedokteran. Bandung: Yrama Widya.
4. Kuspriyanto. 2002. Hubungan antara Praktik Kebersihan Diri dengan Kejadian Skabies pada Santri di Pondok Pesantren. Skripsi. Surakarta: Universitas Surakarta.
5. Ma'rufi, Isa, dkk. 2005. Faktor Sanitasi Lingkungan yang Berperan terhadap Prevalensi Penyakit Skabies. Jurnal Kesehatan Lingkungan, Vol.2, No.1, Juli 2005 : 11-18.
6. Kementerian Agama. 2015. Data Keagamaan Kementerian Agama Kantor Wilayah Provinsi Kalimantan Selatan.
7. Kasjono, H. S., dan Yasril. 2009. Teknik Sampling Untuk Penelitian Kesehatan. Edisi Pertama. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu.
8. Potter, P. 2005. Fundamental Keperawatan. Jakarta: EGC.
9. Irianto, K. 2007. Usaha Kesehatan Pribadi. Bandung: CV. Yrama widya
10. Mansyur. M. 2007. Pendekatan Kedokteran Keluarga pada Penatalaksanaan Skabies Anak Usia Pra-Sekolah. Majalah Kedokteran Indonesia . Vol. 57, No. 2, Februari 2007. Hal : 63-67
11. Nur Rohmawati R. Hubungan antara faktor pengetahuan dan perilaku dengan kejadian skabies di Pondok Pesantren Al-Muayyad Surakarta (Doctoral dissertation, Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta)
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).