Obesity is a global epidemic and has become a health issue that must be addressed immediately.The purpose of this study was to analyze the Effect of the Medial Arch Support to a Static Balance in adolescent with obesity in SMA N 1 Tangen. This research was using quasi experimental method with a single group pre test and post test designed. Fifteen students were selected as research subject based on inclution and exclution criterias. The subjects were given an explanation of the purpose of this study and voluntarily participated by signing informed consent. The pre test (before using medial arch cupport) and post test (after using medial arch support) stages was conducted by using standing stork test. Data was analyzed using wilcoxon test hypotheses. The result of the study showed a significant influence on the medial arch support usage to increase the static balance in adolescent with obesity in SMA N 1 Tangen. It is showed by probability value p=0.029 for the right leg and p=0.023 for the left leg.
2. Departemen Kesehatan Republik Indonesia, Profil Kesehatan Indonesia. Jakata, 2009.
3. Porto, Hannah C.D., Pechak, Celia M., Smith, Darla R., Jones, Rebecca J.R., Biomechanical effect of Obesity on Balance, International Jurnal Excercise Science 5(4): 301- 320.
4. Ganu, Sneha Sameer., Panhale, Vrushali., Effect of Obesity on Arch Index in Young Adult, Online Journal of Healty and Allied Science, Volume 11 issue 4, 2012.
5. Peraturan Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia nomor 22 tahun 2013 Bab 1. Pasal 1. Tentang Penyelenggaraan Pekerjaan dan Praktik Orthotik Prosthetik, 2013.
6. Ma, Christina Zong-Hao., Lee, Winson Chiu-Chun., Zheng, Young-Ping., Foot Orthosis Could Improve Elderly Balance and Gait Control by Changing Plantar Mechanical stimulation, The Hongkong Polythecnic University, 2016.
7. Hastono, Sutanto Priyono. Analisis Data. Fakultas Kesehatan Masyarakat Universitas Indonesia, 2006.
8. Johnson, B.L. and Nelson, J.K. Practical measurements for evaluation in physical education. 4th Edit. Minneapolis, 1979.
9. Ma, Christina Z., Wan, Anson H. P., Wong, Duo W. C., Zheng , Yong- Ping and Winson C. C., Insoles and plantar-force based vibrotactile biofeedback system improve elderly standing balance, The Hongkong Polythecnic University, 2015.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.